Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Visit with Family.....

I had a really enjoyable time this weekend with some family that came into town from Arizona. My aunt Chrissy and Uncle Pete were here with their Grandson Jaron (my cousin Marcy's son). They came for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir / Osmond Family concert at the conference center. Chrissy had entered the "auction" for them a while back and got 4 tickets. They were gracious enough to invite me to come with them since they had a spare ticket! But first they came by our home for a visit. My boys were THRILLED to pieces to have Jaron in the house. They love having anyone come and visit but go nuts when it is another kid. Especially one as 'old' as Jaron. Ian remembers him from our time in Chandler but Evan was only 3 so his memory is sketchy. They were quite sad when Jaron left.....

I met up with them later that evening for the concert. I have to say that my expectations werent that high for the Osmond portion of the show.....only because they are a little before my time and I just didnt think I knew any of their songs. I was in for a big surprise. I ended up recognizing every song they sang and even better was how much I actually enjoyed their show. It was very touching to watch their personal family home videos during the show and well, I just really enjoyed it. The highlight for me though was still the Choir. Of course partly because my aunt Debbie and uncle Barry both sing in it. But also because the choir always manages to move me to tears. They sang a song called Shenandoah (sp?) that was just unbelievable. They ended it of course with Come Come Ye Saints.....it was beautiful. So, I had a great time and really enjoyed visiting with Pete and Chrissy. Its always nice to visit with family that you havent seen in a while and Im thankful that they took the time to come and see us on their vacation and of course for the show! Thanks guys...hope to see you again soon.

4 comments:

Turleygirl said...

Oh how fun to see these pictures. I am missing my boy. I am so glad that you got to go to the concert. Jaron had fun with your boys and said how cute Addie was. You look great by the way, looks your weight loss thing is going great!!!

Wyatts said...

How fun! I would love to have been there. Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Glad you could come to the concert and enjoyed it so much.

pete/chris whipple said...

What a fun memory for us all!!