Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swim Lessons.....

Today was day 2 of the boys' swim lessons. When I first told them they were going to take lessons this summer, Ian proudly announced that he didnt need swimming lessons since he already knew how to swim. I told him of course, that this isnt swimming in Grandpa's pool, but rather "professional swimming"....just in case he wanted to race or something. That seemed to appease him. Then yesterday we showed up for the lessons and Ian wanted to know just how the process went to assign him into a group. I explained that they were separating kids by their ages and then if they needed to be moved up or back because of skill level, then they would do so. Thats when Ian said...and I quote...."Well, I guess Im going to be moved up then".....to which I responded "oh yeah, why is that?" and Ian says with complete confidence in himself...."because Im sure Im better than my age group". Oh reaaalllly.......I think I need to start teaching my son the meaning of the word humility.
Evan on the other hand was just happy as a clam that he was going to have swimming lessons. He couldnt have cared less what group he got put in as long as he was getting lessons. Addison, Soren, and myself sat up in the balcony to watch as they dont want parents sitting near the kids during lessons. I snapped a couple of pics with my phone but couldnt get any of Evan because his group was at the far end of the pool. I particularly like the one of Ian sitting between the 2 other classmates. Someone forgot to tell Ian to "say no to crack" ...sorry, couldnt resist. You cant actually tell from the picture but I had to yell down at him to pull his pants up it was so bad! The other moms got a good laugh at it...
Addie starts her lessons in 2 weeks which should be interesting :)

1 comment:

Alisha said...

I wish we had a place around here that gave good swimming lessons. My kids are fish and are actually really good swimmers, but most of there skills comes from their unaquatic mother. I'm sure your kids will love their swim training...so did Ian get moved up?