I think this birthday has been the most anticipated one for our Evan. It seems this year, he has been focused on getting older. I believe he is trying to catch up with Ian....as if that will solve all of his problems ;) Of course he has his days too where he claims that he wish he were still a baby.....cant have both! Anyway, here are a few tidbits about our newest 6 year old.
1) Evan is about to lose his first tooth and can hardly wait for it to come out.
2) Evan absolutely adores animals of all kinds. He has numerous stuffed animals which are all named and take turns sleeping with him.
3) Evan is very artistic and spends extra time on each project he is working on....he loves to use color in everything he does.
4) Evan loves Pokemon cards and can tell you every detail of just about every Pokemon in existence....usually while mom and dad stare blankly and nod their head....uh huh....?
5) Evan is very sensitive and sweet and wears his heart on his sleeve. We have to be very careful of this little fact.... He is happiest when all of his family is together and has the hardest time when Alec leaves each year.
6) Evan loves to please and is happiest when mom and dad show that they are pleased. He is a great helper because of this....always willing to do things for me. He is also a great brother to his sister and helps me with her all the time.
7) Evan is a natural athlete. He is playing baseball and amazingly is not afraid at all of catching the ball, which we thought he would be. He also has gotten really good at riding his scooter and his heelies.....he has asked us to take skateboarding lessons next...mmmmm...not sure about that.
Happy Birthday Evan! We love you very much. Party post to follow!