Monday, June 28, 2010

Life is Short For Some.....


Truly, life is short for all of us in the grand scheme of things but sometimes it seems extra short for those that pass too soon. We had the opportunity to attend a small service for the almost 3 year old daughter of my husbands cousin. Tragically, she drown in her uncles pool in Kentucky last week.....it was such heartbreaking news. I had never met the baby personally but have met her mom a few times as well as her Grandma. My heart broke for her. I just dont think I could ever survive something like this. Perhaps I could, but it would certainly alter the course of my life in many ways.

They were getting ready to move back to Utah this week and so they wanted to bury their daughter where they would be living....this is how we were able to pay our respects on Sunday. Her daddy is Samoan and so there were beautiful reminders of her cultural heritage to be seen all around. I especially loved the gorgeous Lei that someone had made by hand of real flowers and draped around her tiny neck. She looked beautiful....as if she were sleeping. Addie kept telling me she was sad the baby had died..... it was just sad. But in the midst of the heavy sadness was some hope for others. They agreed to donate their daugthers organs and 2 children received her heart and her liver and I believe an adult received her kidneys....I could be wrong on who got what but the point is that others will live now because of her. It was such an unselfish act to perform in the middle of such sorrow. My heart goes out to them.... the first 3 songs on my playlist at the bottom of the page were featured in her slideshow. I thought they were beautiful.... I want to listen to them for a while and remember how precious life is and how much I love my babies....

No comments: