Friday, June 11, 2010

My Little Dancer....Sometimes....


I think we are finally coming to accept that Addison has a deep fear of being in front of crowds. It is hard to understand because most of the time she is a little performer and cant get enough singing and dancing. Put her in front of people though, and she falls apart. I'm not talking just acting shy or freezing up....I'm talking meltdown city! We were so excited for her Spring Recital....even she was. The morning of, she jumped out of bed and said "is it time for my recital mom"? All was well until we actually put on her costume. Meltdown #1. Once we finally got it on and bribed her with Laffy Taffy, we were on our way to the school. Once we got there and she remembered what is was she was going to do, Meltdown #2. Once we found our seats and sat down and other dancers began their performance...she calmed down and let me take a picture...sort-of. Still not thrilled as you can see.

Then it was her turn....we made to the stage, and Meltdown #3 took place. I hadn't planned on being part of the performance but as you can see in the video, there I was!! We were right in the middle of the group so I did my best to hide so as not to appear on everyone's home videos. Oh well....perhaps she will grow out of it? I hope so because when no one is looking, she is so very talented :)


1 comment:

Alisha said...

I have to admit I was a lot like Addie growing up...I made my mom accompany me in every performance I made...eventually I grew out of it! Hang in there!