Thursday, February 7, 2008

No more Romney....

Well, so much for my poll. Today Mitt dropped out of the race for President. I must say I was a bit dissappointed. Although I hadnt decided for sure who I was going to vote for, if he were on the ballot, I would have probably voted for him. I trust him the most. I dont always agree with him but almost always. I really dont like McCain at all so I may be voting democrat for the first time.....we'll see. Anyway, Im removing my little poll since half the people that visited my blog today didnt bother voting anyway.....:)

I got sad news today about my cousin. Johnny passed away last night and he was just 30....he has had a difficult life for sure but always had such a big heart. He always wanted to be everybodys buddy and even though sometimes it was obnoxious, you couldnt help but love him back. When we moved to Arizona a few years ago, I was left alone to unpack our UHaul because Denver had to go back to Utah for a couple of weeks. Johnny was going to help me unload the heavy stuff but first I had to go to the bank because I wanted to pay him a little for helping me out. When I got back from the bank, Johnny had unloaded the ENTIRE uhaul by himself and was sitting on my couch watching TV when I got back. He petitioned the neighbor to help him with the heavy things. I couldnt believe it. I was so grateful to him for that because I had 2 little boys to deal with by myself and it just made my day. So, thanks Cousin, for being so kind to me and I hope you are at peace.

I just got done unloading and putting away a massive amount of groceries......I think Im going to look into home delivery! Anybody out there utilize home delivery service? If so, leave me a comment as to how it works out for you. I would love to know if you feel it is worth it. My problem is that I shop at Super Walmart for groceries. I really hate going there but we seriously save SO MUCH money. I just cant justify going anywhere else. Which is why I dont know if home delivery would even be an option for us. Anyway....just some thoughts for today.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I'm with you on the voting dilemma...really don't like McCain and I could NEVER vote Democrat. So who knows if I will even vote this year, which is something I know that I really shouldn't do. Fortunately, I don't have to make a decision today. You'll have to let us know how the curlers turned out. Don't know much about home delivery....never had that option.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin, it is never easy to loose someone you love.

So I have never done home delivery, but I do Albertsons.com and I love it. It is $5 to pick it up at the store and $10 to have it delivered. You can shop from their ad, you can keep you list so you can order the same thing every week. The produce has always been fresh and great. Plus it totals your cart as you shop so it is easier for me to stay in my grocery budget. That's my suggestion about the grocery stuff.