Monday, February 25, 2008

Its Early......

Ok so it is 4 o'clock in the morning and I just got home from work. Why am I not in bed? Well, Im going to the gym first. I know, crazy.....but, its the only way I can make it work... so that is what Im going to do. First, I thought I would post a little update. Addison is doing much better. Her bloodwork came back OK and so it is just a nasty virus that has to run it's course. She hasnt eaten much and has lost a pound or two, which for her means she can fit back into her 18 month clothing now! She is tiny enough already. She still doesnt look so great but definitely better than Friday. Ian is doing better also although he has a pretty nasty cough.....and of course my dramatic son makes it worse than it is by forcing the cough until he pukes. Thats always fun. Evan seems to have been spared....knock on wood.


So, yesterday we stayed home from church due to the sick kids....Denver actually went to his meetings by himself.... and so, we decided to take advantage of my brother Jeff's offer to watch the kids so we could have our "Valentines" date.... We grabbed some lunch at a place called the Wing Coop which specializes in.....you guessed it, WINGS. You get to choose whether to have the wings fried or grilled though so that was great to be able to keep it healthy. I had 5 wings and a side salad. Yummy. On a side note, the reason we went for wings was because I had this brilliant idea for Denvers' birthday next month. When we lived in Chandler, we fell in LOVE with this place called Native New Yorker. They make THE BEST wings ever. I really miss that place. I called to see if they could ship me some Hot Wings for Denvers bday as a surprise. Unfortunately they cant....so much for that. But that is why we had a wing craving.....Anyhoo.....Then we went to see a movie. I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I won 2 movie tickets at work. Well, we were almost to the theater when Denver says....you got the tickets right? Yeah, well, my brain doesnt function all that great on the weekends due to my graveyard shift and so I forgot the tickets. We went anyway since it was a matinee and not horribly expensive. We saw "Vantage Point" with Dennis Quaid and numerous other famous people. My opinion.....not too bad! I give it 3.5 stars out of 5. It got pretty intense at the end and I was very pleased with how they tied up loose ends. I cant stand a movie that doesnt clean up after itself :))


Now, I guess Im going to sign off and go work out. The weather is warming up and I am really getting Spring Fever. There is actually NO snow on our front lawn anymore......for now. I cant wait to be able to walk outdoors instead of on the treadmill all the time. We live in an area that is extremely active and when I say extremely, I promise you Im not exaggerating. There is not a day of the week or time of the day when I dont see a dozen or more people jogging in our neighborhood. Rain, Snow, 20 below zero.....it doesnt matter, these people are nuts about getting their run in. I am a fair weather walker.....if it isnt warm enough to be outside without a jacket, then Im at the gym. End of story. I saw a lady running with 2 babies in a jogger stroller at 6 in the morning and it was a blizzard outside! Crazy Im telling you.

No comments: