Monday, June 1, 2009

The Final Week....

Today is the first day of the last week of school for the boys. I am excited and dreading it at the same time. I really enjoy my "quiet time" during the day...if you can call it that with a 3 year old and an 18 month old running around. However, it will be nice not to have to get them up every morning and listen to the whining. Now if I can just figure out how to keep them entertained and off the TV all day long for 2 months!

We had a nice weekend. Addie has been pretty good considering how gross her eye looks. She has been extra cranky though. Friday afternoon I dropped the boys off at the dollar movie theater with Alec and they watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop....they said it was a good movie. I have my doubts but am glad they enjoyed it. It was a little weird for me leaving them in Alec's care....I can see how it would be nice having a teenager around more often though! Saturday we all went and saw the movie "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian". Cute movie. Started out slow but was pretty entertaining after that! We loved the first one so this was fun to see the second. The kids loved it of course.... Sunday after church we went to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. We really enjoy this restaurant as it has so many good choices for the kids to eat.

I feel bad for Alec this week because the boys are gone all day and I of course have my normal day stuff going on....I fear he is going to be really bored. Too bad he cant drive yet!

2 comments:

Turleygirl said...

We saw Paul Blart Mall Cop in the theatre and thought it was pretty fuuny. It is worth seeing atleast once. Does Alec read? He could start a good book or series this week. Just an idea. Have fun with your kids...I love summer break and the fact that get to just be kids and play! That's what I always loved about summer break anyway when I was a kid. Sometimes I think we overplan and they don't have time to just be kids. You know?

Alisha said...

Summer vacation definitely brings mixed feelings around here...on both sides. However, it will be nice having Alec around.