Sunday, April 5, 2009

Well, I have to admit that we aren't die hard conference watchers. I always record it and then we watch it bit by bit throughout the following weeks. Yesterday morning Denver had it on before I came downstairs and heard the news that his mission president, Neil L. Anderson had been called to the Quorum of the Twelve! That is pretty big news. We watched his talk this morning and I have to say that even though he wasnt speaking about anything really spiritual, I was touched with emotion at the thought that this man guided my husband while he served his mission in France nearly 18 years ago.... Knowing how difficult it must have been for Denver to be away from his family at that age and on top of it all being in a foreign country and speaking a different language....I think it takes a special human being to be a mission President. To be the one that is responsible for these young men and women must have been overwhelming. Not to mention he (President Anderson) was very young himself and his children were still school aged when he was called to go to France...can you imagine! Anyway, I just thought it was pretty cool and wanted to share that this morning.....

3 comments:

Turleygirl said...

That is a very cool thing. I also believe that is no small thing but is a tender mercy of the Lord that this also came at a time of reflection for Denver with the passing of his Dad. The Lord sure does work in mysterious ways.

pete/chris whipple said...

Thanks for sharing that Vanessa about Denver. I have truly enjoyed the conference, can't wait for the last one in a few minutes! Always such a joy to see Barry and Deborah! The choir sounded so beautiful as always.

pete/chris whipple said...

Love your new Header on your blog!!!!