Another long awaited birthday has come and gone for our middle child. I was greeted at the stairs this morning with an ear to ear smile from Evan as he patiently waited for his very tired and groggy mother to remember that today was the day....April 15th that is...(I realize Im late posting this)....Evan's "OFFICIAL" seventh birthday. Even though he had fun at Grandma and Grandpas house, it wasnt officially his birthday yet. So I gave him the "Happy Birthday Buddy" and totally made his day. He was further validated when Uncle Nate brought by a gift complete with more candy than one boy could ever eat....$20....and a batman balloon. Heaven for Evan. Ok...the rhyming is out of control now. Its late people. I have to mention that he also said his prayers tonight and asked Heavenly Father to make sure his other present from Uncle Jeff and Nicola arrived in the mail..... he's got his priorities in line.....Here are some fun facts about Evan:
1. One year has not changed Evans pure love of animals...in fact it may have increased.
2. Evan seems very shy and introverted however, he secretly craves attention and affection. If he acts like he doesnt care or that it is making him nervous, its all an act....
3. He loves music. We got American Idol for the Wii for his bday and he loves singing the songs and getting his score.
4. His imagination is limitless....he can play for hours making up stories and scenarios. He could write a great adventure novel one day.
5. He really loves his family...immediate and extended. He is a sweet, sweet little boy that I am so blessed to have as a son.
Here is a little clip from his First Grade Music Performance...I didnt have a chance to post it before our trip to Reno. They all made their own tie-dyed shirts and sang about the seasons. It was really cute!