Monday, November 3, 2008

Our Weekend....continued.

Continuing on about our weekend, Friday day I got to spend most of it with my mom. We went shopping for Ian's birthday gifts and to find a shirt for me to wear to my choir performance....we had a good time and I really enjoyed spending that time alone with her. I worked Friday night until 2:30 a.m. and then tried to get some sleep before the big day. Unfortunately, due to an excrutiating toothache, I only got about 3 hours of sleep.(fast forward to today and I had to get a root canal...) So, Saturday was my big choir performance. I was very excited and nervous but mostly excited. We had to be there at 3:00 in order to rehearse since we had never once rehearsed in the actual Tabernacle. Our first performance was at 5:30. Right away there was a huge problem because the lift that brings the piano up from the underneath the tabernacle was broken and so we had no piano. Merilee asked someone to offer a prayer and ask that it be fixed.....well it got to the point where it didnt look like it was going to get fixed so they brought out an electric keyboard. When they started playing that for us to sing with, I thought Merilee along with the rest of us were going to pass out. It was awful and I just wanted to cry. Guess what though? 5 minutes before we were going to end the rehearsal and get ready for the performance, the lift starts moving! We got our piano....thankfully. However we really didnt get to rehearse and I felt like our first show suffered a bit from that and that fact that everyone was a little flustered still. Denver and the boys came to the first show and my mom, grandma, aunt Debbie, Nate Alisa & Jeff came to the 7:30 show which was near perfect. We did great the 2nd show..... Can I just add what an amazing experience it was singing the Tabernacle? WOW. Whoever designed that building was a genius. The acoustics are so incredible you just cannot describe it. It is something you have to hear for yourself but I was just overwhelmed by it. To be able to sing in that historic building up against the massive pipes of that organ....it was AwesomE! I cannot wait to sign up to sing again next year. Here is a few pictures of the night...
So, the next day we had our get together for Ian's birthday. Ian had decided he wanted Broccoli Cheese soup for his birthday dinner and so, we had soup! 3 different kinds of soup. Brocoli cheese potato, Chicken Tortilla, and chili (recipes can be found HERE). Alisa brought an amazing green salad as well as her yummy artichoke dip with pita chips. Jeff and Nicola provided the bread and drinks...and I made cheesecake for Ian's cake, also per Ian's request. My Grandma and Aunt Debbie came over too and the meal was wonderful. Ian opened his gifts and was very excited about all of them. Thanks to everyone for making that day special for him. The weather even cooperated and gave us clouds and rain making it the perfect day for soup! I took my parents to the airport later that evening and then went grocery shopping for the week. While we were in Walmart and I had my back turned, Addison barfed all over the place. Twice. It was awful. I had to undress her and find something new for her to wear. I bought her some cute new jammies and socks. Luckily it was just an upset stomache. No flu....most of the throw up was chocolate so I have a feeling she got into the candy a little too much!
Today should have been a relaxing day for me but instead I had to go to the dentist for a root canal....good times. After that, I took Denver some lunch and then realized I had an appointment with my thryoid doctor a half hour later....so I ran out there and then driving home realized I needed to take Ian in for his allergy shot. Needless to say I havent been home much today and I am still exhausted. So, Im going to end this ridiculously long post and try to take a nap before I go to work tonight!

4 comments:

Turleygirl said...

Wow, what a weekend for you guys. What a wonderful experience for you in that choir. Sounds wonderful. Happy Birthday to Ian, that cheesecake looked amazing! Is the recipe on your food blog?

Alisha said...

The cheesecake looks awesome. I wouldn't blame you for wanting to sleep for the next couple of days...you've been busy!

Wyatts said...

Vanessa, I don't know how you accomplished all that in not very much time! Sheesh. I'm worn out for you just reading it. I hope you get to catch up on some much needed sleep and I hope everyone is feeling better. The cheesecake looks wonderful. I really enjoy checking out the food blogs on your blog! I think that is where I spend most of my time when I'm on the computer. and congrats on your choir performance.

pete/chris whipple said...

YOu looked amazing for the concert! I loved your lipstick! What an experience for you. I would have given alot to be there and listen to you. Thanks for the pics! The birthday looked so fun too.. where was your dad? Take good care of yourself this week and get some needed rest!