Monday, June 9, 2008

Hallelujah!......

Wow....6 days without my computer and I am FINALLY reconnected with the world! I cannot tell you what a relief it is. I had no idea how much I really used my computer until I didnt have it. Long story short I dediced to play the role of computer geek and "clean up" my files. Let me give you some advice....unless you are well trained, DONT DO IT! The best I can come up with is that in my eagerness to delete all of those mystery files that never seem to be used, I deleted a very important file. Suddenly I couldnt connect to the internet anymore. So, I put in the disk that I was given originally to "re-install" my MSN files and apparently the disk is corrupted which then made my problem even worse. Not even the phone help in India could fix it. So, I reluctantly spent the last 7 hours copying my files (pictures, music, text) onto disks....9 of them to be exact....and then hit the RESTORE button and erased the hard drive back to its original state when the computer was purchased. Then I put in the "new, non-corrupted MSN cd" and....1 hour later.....I can breathe again. I actually had to look a phone number up in the phone book yesterday! I know.....I know. Pretty sad. I just LOVE my computer and use it for everything, even looking up phone numbers. So anyway, here we are. I still have hours to go of loading those CD's I made with all my personal files but I will do it tomorrow. I also have to re-load all of my printers, palm, camera....etc.....what a pain. Again, take my advice and dont delete anything if you arent sure what its for!

By the way.....Gpa's funeral was really nice and I would like to thank all of you for your nice comments and well wishes. We will miss him but know that he is in a much better place. Also, for Denvers dad.....he is out of the hospital now. He just started his first round of Chemo and wasnt feeling too great afterward. Hopefully it will do some good in shrinking everything. The doctor says that if everything goes well and Don does what he should, he could live a good 2 years. We are grateful for every extra day we can get. So, thanks for your prayers in his behalf.

No comments: