Friday, June 20, 2008

Garden Family......

So I was outside weeding in the yard today (4 hours of it). We have a serious snail problem and usually I am quick to grab them and huck them into the road...cruel I know...but today I noticed these 2 snails slithering together up a rock. Suddenly one of them sortof lifted up its head and this little white slug looking thing crawled out....then I noticed it had big long eyes just like a snail and realized that it was probably a baby snail without its shell! Well, obviously I didnt have the heart to throw them out on the street so I let the little family stay and even took pictures. Notice the baby up in the right corner of the picture. The snails never left each other and so Im wondering....do snails mate for life?



1 comment:

Alisha said...

As cute as it is to think that they are a little snail family, they are still pretty ugly and disgusting creatures if you ask me! But good for you for saving their little family.