Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Wap Talk.

Well, my adorable first born has just informed me that I failed to mention his "great wasp speech" in my latest post. Apparently he reads the blog and although I mentioned he was going to give the speech, I never said if "he did a good job or not". So, this post is dedicated entirely to his wonderful speech. He did a great job and taught his class everything they needed to know about wasps and their relatives. For instance, did you know that if you step on or injure a yellow jacket that you only have about 3 to 5 seconds to get the heck outta dodge before the whole hive comes to its aid? Which means you get the stink stung out of you! I did not know that and will now forever be fearful of the yellow jacket ( as if I wasnt already deathly afraid). And did you know that the male wasps dont have stingers and cannot sting you? If only you could easily tell apart the males from the females! Well, I didnt know that yellow jackets and hornets were actually wasps? Did you? I guess I didnt pay attention during biology because I feel a little dumb whenever my son starts talking about bugs. Ian's favorite part of the speech was telling the class that the famous Charles Darwin once laid motionless on his couch to allow a wasp to drink out of his eye......lord have mercy. Ian is mad at me right now because I told him the story about when we lived in Kentucky. Kentucky has these incredibly HORRIBLE looking wasps....they are red and black, as if a normal wasp doesnt look scary enough! Anyway, in the spring they are everywhere! You cannot escape them and Ian was So afraid of them. Once he was crying, or should I say completely freaking out, and my father in law asked him what was wrong....his response was "Im afraid that the wap's will sting me and get their wap juice in me!" Ian says that story is wrong because he "knows how to pronounce wasp.....Duuuhhhhh!" Ive been laughing all afternoon over this statement. Long live the WAP's with their nasty WAP juice........

1 comment:

Alisha said...

I can't believe how grown up Ian is! Has it really been that long? I loved learning all about wasps this evening. We definitely avoid them at all costs.