Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

Okay, so maybe our Vegas trips arent as exciting as some would expect but we surely enjoyed ourselves! Im not too picky anyway.... as long as I am somewhere other than my own home, eating good food, swimming everyday and not worrying about bills and work, then I am on vacation! We had a nice time at Grandma and Grandpa Ries' house. The kids LOVE the pool. Great purchase dad!





The boys tried their hand at back flips off the side this time which made me really nervous. Especially since most of the time they didnt quite make it all the way over and ended up
belly flopping, back flopping, and just flopping in general. I've included a couple of mid-flip (flop) pictures for your enjoyment. Thankfully no one got hurt!
Addison has loved the water from day one and she is fearless when it comes to the pool. We have to be so careful because she will just jump right in without hesitation. Once in the water, she likes going under. Any other baby would be screaming.....even when she goes

under by accident and swallows some water, she does not cry EVER....it is really amazing. She had so much fun. Of course, that was as long as no one was trying to pick her up! She was just
fine as long as my parents left her alone but if my dad tried to pick her up or talk to her, she was not happy. If she sits in MY lap, then she flirts up a storm with Grandpa.....smiling, winking, making funny faces....but as soon as he comes for her she wigs out. Sorry dad....I know she loves you anyway! This was officially the last trip as the ONLY grandchildren in the family. We are eagerly anticipating the birth of Nathan and Alisa's little boy any day now. So, now the kids will have to share Gma & Gpa ....somehow I dont think they will mind though. They are just as excited to have a cousin nearby, even if he cant play with them yet.

So, we got home last night and today was Evan's first day of Kindergarten. He was up faster than I have EVER seen him get up! He picked out his own clothes and got his backpack and let me take all the pictures I wanted. Then we got there and he looked a little sick. I kept asking him if he was nervous and he just said "nope" . I think he was, but he wasnt about to show it! We picked him up after school and he was still excited so I guess it was successful.
I have a feeling that after the first week or 2 he wont be so quick to get up in the morning....normally it is like waking the dead trying to get Evan up out of bed. Notice his face in each picture as the smile fade by the time we got to the school! The first one was genuine and excited then not so much in the second and he looks almost sick in the last one! Too cute. I think he will be just fine now that he has one day under his belt!

Well, I got a new job. It is with the Post Office. Basically it is data entry still but the shift allows me to be home all day all week with the kids. I will be working Fri, Sat, Sun from 10pm to 6am. I know it sounds scary but its only 3 days a week and I get to be home Mon through Fri. This means I will be able to do all the school stuff and get the kids up and ready for school etc....this is more important to me than a cushy schedule. Anyway, this way we dont need anyone to watch Addison while Denver goes to school and I get to change my shift every 90 days if I decide I dont like it or it isnt working. I dont think I can stand another day at this job I am currently working at.....well, I still have 3 weeks left but still. It is miserable going there everyday. Im excited for the change. I start on September 29th.

Well, I think that is about it for the update. We are all doing well and looking forward to cooler weather, new babies, and Halloween. Only 7 more paychecks until Christmas!!!~



1 comment:

Alisha said...

Love the update! I hope your new job works out. It sounds ideal if you can put up with the hours. The pictures are great...only boys will continue to try even after they flop over and over again. One flop and my girls are done for a while!