He seems to be a thorough and competent Doctor so I feel confident that he will do what is needed with care and resolve the problem. Im not thrilled about her having to be put under as I still have nightmares from the surgery experience I had with Ian when he was 3.....it was horrible and if I had been the suing type, I would have sued that Phoenix hospital and its staff for their complete indifference that they exhibited toward me and my 3 year old son. It was ridiculous. In fact, Im convinced that they knew they were possibly in some trouble when I got a letter stating that my bill of $1400 was being "forgiven"...hmmmm... Anyway, I'm sure everything will be fine with Addie. Keep her in your thoughts....and her nervous parents too :)
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
And the Verdict is......
Surgery. Unfortunately, the steroid drops did nothing to shrink the growth (chalazion) in Addisons eye. Therefore, she will have to have surgery in order to slice it off. ASAP. Like Thursday.....if they can fit us in. We are waiting for a call from the surgery scheduler. He also mentioned that because of the way it was protruding off of the lid, he would need to send it to pathology to rule out anything dangerous. I cant even say the word. After they remove it, he will inject a local steroid and prescribe an ointment that will hopefully prevent further chalazions from developing. Apparently this is a genetic thing and they almost always try to make a repeat appearance.