Friday, October 10, 2008

Whittier Idol.....

Ian's school put on their version of American Idol today. They do this every year and this is the first time I have ever been to one. Ian has been working hard on the song that his class performed. It was a song called "Be Nice to Your Brother" (meaning mankind). The song was done with an African music background and I have to say it was really cute. I took pictures but ended up being too far away to really get any good shots....I should have video recorded it, duh. I guess I will remember to do that for the next one. I cried like a baby too....good thing Ian couldnt see me! The mom next to me patted my leg, she probably thought I was pretty pathetic.. Oh well, I cant help it! I love my kids so much and watching them put their hearts into something so sweet is just too much for this mom. Ive been an emotional wreck all week anyway....maybe its because Ian is about to turn 8 and he has had a rough week at school himself. He inherited his mothers tendency to talk a lot and has gotten into trouble a bit this week. His teacher has had to isolate him from the rest of the class at his own table to help him focus. I can remember many report cards coming home from my teachers with comments about how I talk to my friends too much. "she is too social", "she doesnt focus on school because friends are more important"... etc etc. Anyway, Ian is a lot like me in this regard so I am trying to help him the best I can. Seeing him up there today singing his heart out with his class, well, I just love him so much.....Okay enough.

1 comment:

Turleygirl said...

You are such a good mom. I was getting teary eyed just reading your post. Keep up the good work.