Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me.....

Yes folks, it is my 37th birthday today. I hesitated mentioning it out of fear that people would think I was seeking overtures and adulation.....however, it turned out to be such a good day that I couldnt help myself from sharing.

I started out my birthday this morning at about 2:30 am, on my way home from an unusually long night at work. Personally, I would have been happy just skipping this day altogether due to the semi-crappy week I have had. Really, nothing has gone in my favor at all and financially we werent in a position to really do much today....so I figured, "Lets just forget about it". To further justify this decision, at 2:30 am while driving home, I completely obliterated a poor helpless skunk on the freeway. Yes, my van now reeks of skunk. The animal had NO chance whatsoever of escaping my van unless I decided to swerve and kill myself, which wasnt going to happen. Not even for a sweet little kitty. And this was NO kitty. Im sure it didnt feel a thing.....being hit by a van going 70 mph is no match for a 20 pound skunk. So, I thought "well here you go. Happy birthday Vanessa". Then, I got home and startled Denver in his sleep who then proceeded to snap my head off (for which he quickly apologized once he woke up)..... there again, a reason to skip the day.

My aunt Debbie called me this morning to see if I still wanted her to come over for our weekly weigh in/accountability session. We missed last weeks session due to Me being in Vegas. I said "of course" and quickly jumped out of bed and onto the scale. I hadnt weighed all week because of said trip to Vegas, not that I went crazy or anything but it was 4 days of no running and definitely no slim fast! Happily, I had still lost 2 pounds! Ok, maybe this wont be such a bad day after all.

Then, Denver says "I won $20 in a sports pool at work, Im going to run and at least get you a card or something"...... Ok then, whatever. He comes back with these Wonderful gifts! Eh-hm I think you won more than $20. Love it! Especially the wallet. I needed one sooooo bad and isnt this cute! The best part about it is that he spent his very own money to buy it. I dont think he has ever done that before (sorry hon).....that made the gifts mean even more to me. Awwwww....

To top the day off, the mail came and we received notice that some money we have been very unpatiently waiting for is here! You have no idea what good news this is for us.....unbelievable news. So, on that note we decided to go out to lunch to the Blue Iguana....Mexican food, my favorite! After lunch we walked around downtown through Temple square. The weather was beautiful. 75 degrees, small breeze. Gorgeous fall day. I am in love with Fall. We topped off my day with a trip to Cold Stone Creamery (so much for my 2 pounds!)......

So, thanks to Denver and my kids for making me so happy. Thanks for sharing my birthday with me today! And thanks to all those who sent wishes my way as well. I have a great life with great people in it! Love you all!

















11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had an AWESOME day! Congrats on the weight loss.

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Vanessa! I'm glad it went from worse to better for you!! And I'm glad you let us all know it was your big day...I like to know those things!

Wyatts said...

Wow! It was a great day! Glad you had a great b-day! You deserve it!

pete/chris whipple said...

I am so glad you have a good life and you are in mine!!! Happy Birthday sweet niece!

Turleygirl said...

Vanessa, you have such a funny way of telling a story. I was laughing all the way through it. Hey, that picture of you & your kids, I can totally tell that you have lost weight! You look great! We need an update on total lost so far. Happy, Happy Birthday!

Alisha said...

I'm glad your birthday turned out to be a good one! Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you have a better week!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! I LOVE the Blue Iguana, it is one of my fave's!! Sounds like everything turned out better then you could have planned. Thanks for sharing the great pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had an AWESOME Happy Birthday.

Congradulations on the weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Vanessa ! It looks like you had fun in Vegas, those pictures were great ! Can't wait to see you and Shannon on the 15th. Jessi

Anonymous said...

I forgot to comment on the picture of you, how cute ! This is how I remember you. Is that a Baby Alive you're holding ? Jessi

Kennell's said...

Happy BDAY Vanessa-sorry i missed it! Looks like you were spoiled and yummy, yummy, Mexican? MY FAVORITE too!!!