Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Friends.....

Can I just tell you how much fun I had yesterday? I have reconnected with 2 of my very best friends from childhood. We went all through elementary school together and a year of Jr. High... then I moved to another part of town. We met for lunch yesterday at Chilis and it was so much fun! I have not laughed like that in so long. I mean the kind of laughing where you snort and cant catch a breath. I thought I might pee my pants at one point when Jessi broke out with her bat in the wind impression. Im sure the people driving by thought we had lost our minds. What a sight! To tell you a little about them, although I think I may have mentioned them in a prior post, Shannon lived on my street and I practically lived at her house. Her brother and my brother were also best friends so we were a fixture in each others lives. I have many many good memories playing barbies and all sorts of stuff with Shan. Jessi and I became friends in the 3rd grade. We had the same teacher and although she lived in the neighborhood over from mine, we became fast friends and shared a love....or possibly obsession with....Olivia Newton John. I even got to go to her concert with Jess and her parents. Both Shannon and Jessi are the most hilarious people to be around and I was happy to see that it hasnt changed. Between the weird faces and funny sayings.....it was like I was 8 years old all over again!

Shannon was unbelievably generous and brought Jessi and I a beautiful gift and then paid for lunch! It was just a great afternoon and I didnt want it to end. We have vowed to do it more often and soon......I cant wait to see them both again.
I had to find some old pictures of us and this was all I could dig up for now. Thats me and Shannon at my 6th birthday party (or maybe 5th).....and the other is Jessi from our 3rd grade class picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew when I woke up this morning and checked your blog you would have our day on from yesterday and I'm happy to see that the bat has taken flight! What a nice afternoon, good food, friends, conversation and laughter. I look like a hockey player in a dress, with my little chicklets missing. Your daughter is adorable and I'm glad I could met her. So, I'm thinking in a couple weeks we will do it again. Talk to you soon. Jessi

Turleygirl said...

That was nice, made me very nostalgic for some reason.

Alisha said...

I love catching up with old friends...looks like you all had a great time!