Friday, May 16, 2008

Im So Excited!.....

So, I must have had a dream last night because when I woke up this morning I was thinking about my choir teacher from Junior High. Weird I know. She was probably one of the best and most memorable teachers I have ever had. At the very least, she left a lasting impression. One of the big things that she did for me was boost my confidence. We had moved from one end of the valley to the other and as it worked out, I went from a Junior High School that started in 7th grade to a Middle School that started in 6th grade. Because of this, when I began my 8th grade year at Indian Hills, most of the kids already had been in Junior High for 2 years and had made all their friends. Needless to say I really felt like a fish out of water. It was my most difficult year. I dont know if she saw that in me or if she just thought I was a great singer but she really pushed me in the right ways to open up and to perform in front of people. She even had me sing a solo in Italian for a state competition! I wish I had video of that... What she did for my self confidence was irreplacable. To this day, the only reason I think I have potential to sing well is because of her. She really made me believe I could sing. So, flash forward 24 years and I am thinking about her and wondering what she did with her life. Thanks to the internet I found out and just mailed her a check to purchase music and join a choir that she directs which sings on Temple Square every fall. Im so excited! I feel like it was fate that I woke up thinking about her (I know you think Im crazy dad....) Anyway, Ive been toying with the idea of voice lessons for a while now. Too expensive of course....but I really want to learn to sing well. I feel good when I sing and yet I feel like there is this HUGE voice that wants to come out Josh Groban style....and I cant make it happen. Anyway, in further researching her website I found that she offers group voice lessons and they are only $20! Im so excited.... I cant wait.

3 comments:

Turleygirl said...

You go girl!!! Marcy

Alisha said...

How cool! Follow your dreams!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Singing is a wonderful part of my life and I feel so blessed to be able to share! Aunt Chrissy