Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Randomness....

I cant believe summer is halfway over! It feels like it is just getting started here in Utah thanks to our wet weather and lower temps. Truly the temperatures have been wonderful, I am not complaining, but time just wont stand still and I am really perturbed about how winter seems to draaaag on and on but summer flies on by. Oh well. One thing that has been great about the slow start to summer has been the really cool summer storms. I have been obsessed lately with the clouds. We have had amazing sunsets because of them.

The sky cant decide what it wants to "wear" so we get an eclectic mix of blue sky, white puffy clouds, thin wispy clouds, and dark menacing clouds....all at the same time. Love it.


Another fun thing that has been popping up lately is Addison's sudden desire for domesticity. She has been a wonderful helper lately, setting the table for meals (she even takes my candle and flower from the piano and puts it in the middle of the table....)


and also doing the dishes. She is obsessed with washing the dishes. I often find her standing on the chair with the dish towel tossed over her shoulder...which is an important detail you know....scrubbing away. So cute. Im pretty sure it wont last once I start asking her to do it for real ;)


I wish I could say we have a bunch of fun stuff planned for the rest of the summer but unfortunately I am scheduled to have surgery on August 3rd which will render me semi-useless for at least a few weeks and then school starts for everyone again. I am going to try to take the kids to the Sundance Musical Theater production of The Sound of Music though....it will depend on how I feel of course. In the meantime, we are just enjoying what time we have left. Hope you are too!

No comments: