Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stadium of Fire.....


For the 4th of July this year I decided to break down and buy tickets to the Stadium of Fire in Provo, Utah. It is a large production held every year at the football stadium on BYU's campus. This year the entertainment included David Archuletta and Brad Paisley. The tickets didn't come cheap but it sounded like fun and something different than our usual holiday fare. I have to say it did not disappoint! The singers were great and the fireworks were fabulous but I was the most impressed with the attention to patriotism that was paid not only to our country but to the soldiers fighting for our freedom. I can hardly hear the national anthem without crying anymore and forget trying to say the Pledge of Allegiance! We even got to see 4 F-16 fighter jets fly over the stadium. It was so awesome! Here are a few pictures of some of the fun we got to experience...
We checked into a hotel even though Provo is a short 45 minute drive because the traffic is HORRENDOUS during any special event at the stadium. I knew I wouldn't want to fight the traffic at midnight so we just got a hotel across the street from the stadium. It was super convenient and money well spent...even if the hotel left a lot to be desired.... We got there early on Saturday and the kids hit the swimming pool for a couple hours.
Here are some pictures at the stadium... David Archuletta is such a cute kid. Seriously...what a great voice and so nice. I loved him~ Brad Paisley impressed as well.

Even the kids had their toes tapping to some of his songs. Very entertaining!

The firework show was amazing. It was big and fiery and really really cool. There is a reason they call it the Stadium of Fire...I sure wouldn't have wanted to be very close to the fire explosions. We could feel them from our seats and trust me...we weren't that close!

We checked out of the hotel the next morning and just drove around Provo for a bit. It is always weird for me to go back to that town. It has a lot of great memories of college and friends...before I had to be a grown up completely....Before the bills and worries of adulthood had set in. Seems like a lifetime ago. The kids laughed at how many apartments I had actually lived in. I think I moved every 6 months....haha. Around noon we went to my friend Linda's house and had lunch and visited with her and her family for a few hours. Here are some pictures I took at the park before we hit the Tanners.

It was a great little trip and we had a lot of fun. I think we will do it again next year!~



No comments: