Saturday, October 16, 2010

We Also Sing....

Every year I participate in a choir called We Also Sing. It is made up of over 300 women and the director is Merrilee Webb, who happens to be my Junior High School Choir teacher. I just Love to sing. I dont know if I am any good but I sure dont care....I love doing it. I look forward to this experience each year and cant imagine not participating. After 10 weeks of practices (only once a week) we put on a concert. Normally it is held in the old Tabernacle on Temple Square but this year, it was held in the Marriott Center on BYU's campus. It was a whole new experience.... I really learned to love the pieces we sang this year even though at first I was a little hesitant of how they would turn out. My mom is in town and so she, my aunt Debra and my two boys came to listen and support me. These are my crazy boys after the concert.

Funny story....my mom says that during the concert there were some obnoxious 18 year olds talking and laughing and kicking the seats. I guess it got pretty bad . After a few minutes of it, Ian, my oldest, got up.. walked over to them and said "excuse me, but if you guys don't knock it off I am going to get security to throw you out..." Gotta love Ian....he takes after his mommy.....

The concert was bittersweet this year as normally my Grandmother would have also attended. She hadn't missed a concert yet. I was at a rehearsal the night that she passed away.... I remember we were singing the song "Omnia Sol" and I was thinking about her because it is a song about passing on and I knew she would be leaving us soon...my mom called during the song to tell me she had passed. I had a difficult time getting through it last night....but I know she was there with us in spirit.

One of the great things about the choir are the wonderful women I have met. Two in particular have become dear to me. This is Julie and Kim.


We sit together each Sunday during rehearsal and they really make me smile. I will miss seeing their happy faces each week and cant wait until next year when we get to do it all over again!!

No comments: