Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day 2010....


I'm sitting here trying to think of something deep to say about Mother's. It shouldnt be difficult considering how sacred the calling of Motherhood is....I myself having a wonderful Mom of my own and being a good mom (hopefully) to my own children, I ought to have something profound to say. The only thing I keep thinking about is GRATITUDE.
  • Gratitude for a childhood free from abuse and full of LOVE.
  • Gratitude for healthy, beautiful, sweet, funny little people that I was given the privilege of raising.
  • Gratitude for women around me who set examples daily and cause me to try harder to be a better person.
  • Gratitude for the opportunity to be a Mother as challenging as it can be sometimes.

I guess I just feel thankful that I get to celebrate Mothers Day at all. I know there are many women out there that want to be moms and for whatever reason haven't been able to. And there are many children out there who aren't treated the way they should be by the moms they have. That is probably the most disheartening thing to hear....knowing that there are good women out there who deserve to be mom's and cant. Anyway, there are definitely days, on occasion, when I would like to "check out" so to speak from the daily grind of being a mom. There truly is no personal space, no silence, few adult conversations and forget being able to just leave the house whenever you feel like it on your own time frame. But, one thing I like to do late at night when everyone is sleeping is browsing total strangers' blogs...I find it fascinating to read about life from someone elses perspective and quite often lately I have run across blogs with stories of heartache and loss. Loss of a child. Unimaginable pain. So today, I would just like to say that I am GRATEFUL for the noise, the chaos, that lack of personal space and my sad social life that exists only on Facebook because Im pretty sure that the parents who have lost children would give anything to have all of that back in their lives. To those that have had this experience, I am so sorry and I vow to appreciate more the craziness that Motherhood is. I will try to be more patient and loving and realize that even when they are driving me crazy and I feel like screaming they are my world and they rely on me and love me unconditionally and more importantly I LOVE them with every fiber of my being.

Today in church my kids made me Mothers Day cards and one of the statements they were asked to finish was.....'I Feel Special When I am With You Because..... '
Ian said....You Love Me
Evan said....I Am Safe
Addison said....You Kiss Me

Love Them, Kiss Them, and Make Them Feel Safe. The 3 most important things a Mother can do.... I hope this means I am succeeding.

And to my Mom....you definitely succeeded. Thank You for everything. I LOVE YOU!

Happy Mothers Day everyone....

1 comment:

pete/chris whipple said...

Darling post! I love your hair! Love the pictures!!!!!! Glad your day was good. You deserve the best!