Monday, May 10, 2010

....another little story....

So, in my big ole Mothers Day post I forgot to mention a cute story. This is more for my own memories sake but still cute.... We haven't been to church in the past 3 weeks, I know *gasp*...stuff happens. Anyway, in primary they have been teaching the kids the song about the Stripling Warriors. Unfortunately, my kids hadn't really learned it so yesterday when they called the primary up to the front of the chapel to sing the song for all the mom's, they weren't too sure about going up. But, they marched up there and stood and smiled and didn't care that they didn't know the song....sort of. Miss Addison got up there and stood right in front, chin in hands looking all cute and smiley. Then they started singing and pretty soon I saw her put her fingers in her mouth and her eyebrows got all wrinkled up and I knew, without a doubt, that she was crying. Sure enough, she couldn't keep it in anymore and started bawling. We were sitting clear in the very back so I didn't jump up right away. The primary president came forward to scoop her up and that just made her scream louder....the worst part is that they were right behind the microphone. She just kept crying "I want my Mommy".... very appropriate for the day I guess. She spent the rest of day saying "I didnt sing mommy, I didnt sing".... She was just embarrassed that she didnt know the words. It was like deja vu from her dance recital. Good times :)

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Funny story....Bayley did that once while we were visiting another ward.

pete/chris whipple said...

Such a pretty pic of you and Addie, you should make one of those for your parents!