Saturday, December 20, 2008

Its a blizzard out there!.....

Wow. Talk about a snow storm. It started at about noon today and didnt stop until after 7pm. I went to pick up Ian from Chess club after school and noticed I was low on fuel....like really low....but I did not want to get out in that mess so I thought I would just pick Ian up and then get gas later. I shouldnt have listened to myself. 3 blocks after I picked him up, I abruptly ran out of gas. No chugging and sputtering....just immediate engine failure. Nice. I did manage to get out of the middle of the road and thankfully I brought my cell phone with me since I wasnt wearing socks and walking to a phone would have proved very chilly. I called my brother to come to my rescue because Denver was at home watching this very brothers child and didnt have a carseat for him. Big thanks to Nate and Alisa for braving the weather and putting gas in my car. Ian was so upset about the incident he declared "This is the worst holiday beginning EVER! " (it was his last day of school for the Christmas break)

So, after that fiasco, we spent the rest of the afternoon trying to warm up. We lost power to the house a couple of times which meant pizza for dinner....the delivery guy didnt look too thrilled with having to be out in that mess. I dont blame him but am grateful that he brought us our dinner. Then I had to go to work and that was interesting driving 20 miles per hour on the freeway. Now it is 1:00 in the morning.....I am home and off to bed. Apparently the snow is supposed to resume tomorrow (today). Looks like we will have a white Christmas thats for sure!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Yikes...what a fiasco! We got your Christmas card - it is so cute and is proudly hanging on our door!

Alisha said...

Blizzards are all right unless you have to drive in them or the power goes out...Unfortunately life keeps on moving, blizzard or no blizzard.

Turleygirl said...

That's just plain CrAZy!!!

Wyatts said...

Hey Vanessa~ I've been hanging out in the valley for the past week. I was kinda snowed out from going home (but glad I was!) anyways just catching up on your crazy happenings! Luckily Kamrielle has not tried to cut her hair yet. good-luck with Addison. Hopefully once is enough?