Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our American Idol...

Over the Christmas break I received a visit from Evan's school teacher. She had brought some music by that she needed Evan to memorize by the end of their break. Then she informed me that they had a "secret" audition of sorts for their school musical program and Evan had been chosen to sing a small solo part in one of the songs. I was shocked and excited of course! If you know Evan then you know how painfully shy he has been in the past, although when faced with doing something in front of others he has always stepped up and done it. Today was the performance and let me tell you, I was pretty much sobbing through the whole thing. I am such an emotional mess when it comes to my kids. I suppose I come by that honestly since my mother is the same way. Anyway, here he is! Enjoy the video. (make sure to turn off the music player at the bottom of the blog first so you can hear the video)

2 comments:

Mel said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with Evan! Not only is he so grown up but what a feat of confidence to sing in front of everyone. You have every right to be emotionally proud for him!

Wyatts said...

That was so sweet. Any time I hear music like that it makes me emotional too! It must run in the family! Evan did a Great Job!