Friday, August 13, 2010

Falling Behind....

Last week was such an intense week for me that I pretty much ignored this blog completely. Between the funeral for my Grandmother and my school Final's, I was just exhausted. So here is a quick re-cap:

Ian started the 4th grade! Hard to believe my first born is already almost to the double digit age of 10.... He has really started acting differently as of late. Guess he is anxious to be a teenager. I completely understand, but really wish he would just chill out for a couple of more years :) Here he is on his first day of school. I wonder how long he will keep letting me take his picture before school each year? Ha ha....



Also last week on the same day that Ian started school the boys had their very first 'test' for Taekwondo. They (the TKD people) take this stuff seriously let me tell you! It was very formal and organized....the boys did fabulous and passed! They are now officially orange belts instead of the "boring white belt" as Evan called it. They were so excited to be presented with their new belts in class the following Monday:

I finished my finals and papers for my Summer semester classes, thank heavens. That was a rough 3 months. Im going to have to be more careful about which classes I select to take online. But, its done now and so I am waiting to find out what my grades are. Im pretty sure I got an 'A' in one but the other is hovering between an 'A-' and a 'B+'..... Evan, Addison, and myself all start school on the 23rd. Its been a fun summer but I am ready for all the kids to be back in school! These past 3 weeks have been hectic, frustrating, tiring, sad, and overwhelming. I am welcoming the break of being back in school!! I am taking a full 12 credit hour load this Fall but Addison will be in a full day pre-school which will make it easy for me to get all my school work done before the kids get home from school each day. I think its going to be GREAT!!

At the end of the month the boys start soccer and Addison will be in dance again. I have started singing with my choir again this year and am excited that we will be performing at the Marriott Center at BYU this year! It really is so thoroughly uplifting for me to be in this choir even though the practices are hard to make every week. Ive got a babysitter for Sunday evenings through to the end though...a great young woman from our church that the kids adore! So, things are moving along.... Hope you are all well and enjoying the winding down of Summer.

2 comments:

pete/chris whipple said...

WE are all well..here..and I might even venture out to say..I am finally seeing improvement on my knee! Yay! It's been a long 2 months. Good luck with your new school year kids, you and all!

Turleygirl said...

Whew, that made me tired just reading it. Enjoy your break, you need it.