Saturday, December 1, 2007

Winter Wonderland.....

Well Winter has finally arrived in the Salt Lake valley! It took its time but I think it is offical now. It started snowing at about 2am (I was at work....) and didnt stop until about noon today. We measured it on top of our garbage can and it was nearly 9 inches! I'm sure the Ski resorts are skipping about right now as the people are pouring in to get their ski (or board) on. Im sure Jeff is up there right now....that is if the canyons are even open to cars. Anyway, this is the part about winter that I love. That first big snow storm that leaves everything fluffy and white. Nevermind that I couldnt even get up my driveway this morning....driving home from work was very frightening. I didnt go above 30mph the whole way home. It was soooooo slick! The kids are thrilled of course. They are outside as I type with their sleds in hand. Its good to have them out of the house actually. I made Cream of Broccoli & Potato Soup for dinner last night and that made a nice Snow Day meal today.....Yummo. This is a recipe from Aunt Sally in Kentucky and Im telling you I hate Broccoli but I could eat this soup all day long. It is so dang good! I took a picture of it (thanks for the idea Melanie).....if you want the recipe you will have to ask me for it since I dont technically have the rights to "publish" it on my blog. Sally is pretty protective of her recipes....in fact Im not sure how I managed to get it from her except maybe she was worried about poor Denver starving to death out in Utah without her cooking! She really is a great cook...
Well, thats it for now. Just wanted to share our Winter Wonderland with you. For all our relatives in Kentucky, THIS is what you call a snow storm!! :) .....and the schools would still be open if it were during the week! Can you imagine this much snow falling in Drift? You all would be "snowed in" for days!








Oh, and here is a link to the most beautiful christmas song EVER. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating but it is one that I love and have heard since I was a child. It is by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and is no longer available to purchase unfortunately but I found an mp3 online so you can hear it on your computer......Merry Christmas. http://www.josephsons.org/slmtc/baby.mp3

Ok I keep adding to this post after the fact but the boys just came in from sledding and look so cute and red faced, I had to post a picture. They walked to a little park just around the corner from our house to go sledding and had a ball!




























3 comments:

Melanie said...

Ok, you know I totally want the recipe. Can you email it to me? It looks delicious. And your boys picture was SO cute!

Alisha said...

I'm not missing the snow at all, even at Christmas time! I would love the recipe if you get a chance! Isn't it amazing how they just pick up in go regardless of the amount of snow?

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have an awesome looking family. I love the pictures and the songs just set the mood to your site. You and Denver have a beautiful family.

I wish Kentucky would get one sizeable snow.