Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Tree....

So, we finally got our tree up. Or should I say "I" finally got our tree up! Denver called and decided to meet us at Nibley Golf Course to pick out our tree on Tuesday night. For those that dont know or may care, the trees sold at Nibley Golf Course are THE BEST trees ever. We have never been diappointed and they are so affordable compared to other tree lots. Anyway, we all met over there and picked out the tree which ended up being the very first one we saw. Then Denver went back to work and I drove it home, heaved it off the top of the van, and drug it inside the house. I was covered in sap from the ordeal but managed to get it in, center and secure it into the tree stand and decorate it. But dont take it negatively because I enjoyed every minute of it....even when I discovered that 6 out of 9 of my christmas light strands were not working. So I found a good sale at Shopko and bought more lights but now I cant keep them on. The fuses keep blowing on the third strand of lights. I cant figure it out....I already bypassed the second strand because it is having issues with the plug in so now the third strand is blowing out which in turn blows out the rest of the lights since they are connected. Anyway, Im rambling but very frustrated. The boys helped me hang the bulbs and even Addison had her little bitty hands in it. I found a pile of about 4 ornaments that didnt have hooks stuffed in to the tree in the same spot. This was her contribution...I would have left them there but the OCD in me couldnt stand an ornament out of place. Sad, I know but Ive learned to accept that part of me....now if only everyone else would HA HA. I also put lights outside on our trees and around each of our windows. Ian was a bit dissapointed that we didnt have more decorations...he would be happier if our home resembled the Griswalds! Its really the first time weve had a house that we could decorate outside so we will just have to build our supply each year. I took a picture of the kids in front of the tree...Im still trying to get a decent Christmas card pic out of them.....as you can see, no such luck
So, it FINALLY snowed in Salt Lake Wed night. Dont misinterpret that as me being excited about it. Although it was beautiful as I was hanging decorations on my tree and listening to Christmas music....very Courier and Ives....the next morning reminded me of how much more I enjoy warmer weather. The ice on my van was so thick that the kids were late to school due to the scraping I had do. Mind you I couldnt find our ice scraper so this was being accomplished with a Subway discount Card from Denvers wallet which subsequently broke in half during the scraping....UGH! Not to mention I have ZERO in the way of winter clothing. No boots, no gloves, no coat, no hat.....just me in a sweatshirt and tennis shoes scraping ice off my car at 7:30 in the morning. No thanks. Im already pining for Summer.

Happy Holidays

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Cute pictures! That one of Addie reading a book looks professional! So cute...