Friday, December 7, 2007

Lazy Friday.....

I am sooooooo lazy today. It is rainy and overcast and I just dont feel like doing anything. So, I am typing a post instead of cleaning. I found a new website that I love and am passing along. It is www.momadvice.com and has lots of great articles and recipes/dinner ideas etc. I am always looking for good ideas for dinner since I have a really finicky eater in my house (IAN) ...and I stumbled across this one. I also need lots of advice on organization which I feel has really gone to pot around this house. I swear, there are days when I dont think my head is attached right anymore. I forget things and lose things......my mom says that is just a sign of aging but sometimes I think it is worse than that. I literally forget something 10 minutes after thinking about it. It is crazy. Or maybe I am. Anyway, Ive got to organize my life. I need a good "office" for paying bills. A good calendar on my wall to help me remember important dates. A good "Chore Board" for my cleaning projects and for the rest of the families cleaning jobs. Then a good "General Board" to write important notes down for remembering. All of this needs to be in a place that I see EVERYDAY. I tried using the Palm Pilot and as much as I love gadgets, I could just never remember to check it or even carry it with me all the time. The only place I have ever felt like I had a grip on things was at work.....I kept immaculate files and was totally organized so I feel like if I can recreate an office setting maybe that will help me. Pottery Barn has the COOLEST stuff for this.....unfortunately it comes with a very UNCOOL price tag. But at least I can get the idea from there and try to recreate it.

So, enough about that. Big news at the Shannon household.....the boys have graduated to self cleaning. By that I mean they are taking showers! The other day I was running a bath for Ian. Im sitting there thinking that he is too old for mom to be washing him up so I tell him Im going to show him how to wash really good and then from now on he can bathe himself. He says "mom do I have to be 9 years old to take a shower?" I said NO you can start now if you want (I thought he hated the shower). So, thats what he did and of course that created major tears from Evan who also wanted to take showers and hates being left out of "big boy" things. Anyway, it feels very strange to have moved on to showers. I know that must sound strange to some of you but little kids always take baths and I guess my boys just arent little anymore.

As for Addison. She has turned in to quite the little climber. She will try and climb up ANYTHING. She is 19 months old and climbs up the boys' bunkbed ladder without hesitation. She carefully places her little foot on any kind of "foothold" she can find, such as the desk drawer rungs. She can climb in and out of her crib now too which means Im going to transform it into a toddler bed soon. I really cant believe how agile she is. Maybe I should skip Ballet and put her in a rock climbing course!

Well, Ive put it off for too long now. Must clean house.......

1 comment:

Alisha said...

I'm hoping the Bayley will fall in love with showers soon!! I used to love bathtime, but with 3 and a busy schedules it has become a chore. You may have inspired me to try showers again soon!