Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011...

Look how horrible I have become at posting!  I look forward to the day when I am finished with school and can turn more attention to projects that I enjoy, such as this.  In the meantime...I'll try to be better about posting.

November came and went with the wind!! I can't believe it is already December and Christmas is staring at me in the face!  We went to Reno for Thanksgiving this year to spend it with my parents and took my youngest brother Jeff with us.  It was wonderfully relaxing.  I think we watched 10 movies over the 4 days we were there.  There is something to be said about waking up with zero plans and zero obligations. I could have used another weeks worth of it!

Dinner was yummy as usual...although we almost didn't get turkey since the oven got turned off midway through the baking time!  Never fear...we managed to get it cooked and eaten at a reasonable hour.

The kids enjoyed themselves thoroughly...especially with the dogs.  I don't think my parents dogs have ever been played with so much.  Another plus was that my boys forgot to bring their chargers for their Nintendo gaming systems so after the battery ran down on the way to Reno, they were stuck the rest of the trip without games to play.  It forced them to be more creative about how to spend their time.  Nothing wrong with a dose of that once in a while!

We are back to reality now...and gearing up for Christmas.  We just put the Christmas tree up last night.


Makes the house feel so cozy.  And now it is snowing outside.  I think December is the only month where I actually enjoy seeing it snow.  Too bad it has to last longer than a month!

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday season.

No comments: