Sunday, September 20, 2009

Getting Closer.....

Some of you may know about my upcoming race in November. I was officially possessed I think, about 4 months ago and signed up to run a half marathon in Monterey, California on November 15th. Training has been off and on but Im getting serious now..... I ran 7 miles tonight and even though my legs felt like they were going to detach from my hips toward the end, I finished and actually felt pretty good! I am increasing the miles by 1.5 miles each week so that by the first part of November I will run 14 miles on my Sunday run....then the 13.1 I have to run on the 15th wont seem so bad! I have to focus on the upcoming weeks run and not the actual race or I get panicky! For example, I ran that 7 tonight and all was fine but if I let myself think of having to run double that I got kindof nauseous! Yikes....one week at a time. Anyway....Im getting excited. Its going to be fun. Tiring, but fun!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

You can totally do it and you will feel so good when you accomplish your goal. I can't wait to start back running and training...my sister-in-law and I are bound and determined to walk/run a 1/2 marathon at the beginning of December.

Melanie said...

Vanessa, you have no idea how impressed I am. You go, girl!

Mary Kelly said...

Awesome for you! You'll do great!

Wyatts said...

Vanessa what a great thing to do! You are inspiring! Running a marathon, singing in a lg. choir, going to school, and the little thing they call wife & mother.

I also love all the family pics below. It's fun to get together with family. and yours is definately fun or funny!

H2K FAMILY BLOG said...

Your my hero!! You give me hope!!