Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Where Have I Been......?

Well thats a loaded question! This past week or two has been crazy busy......It started out with my Mother in Law coming to town with her 3 sisters and ended with us driving to Arizona for 4 days.We enjoyed having Lynn, Bonnie, and Pam here although I feel like a horrible hostess! I seriously did NOTHING the entire week they were here. I didnt cook, clean or entertain! They pretty much did it all. They washed every stitch of laundry in the house....cooked every meal we ate and to top it all off, I got a free haircut from Bonnie and a pedicure from Pam. I learned lots of new things about these women, the best being that they do hair and nails! It was great! The best part is that after we went to Arizona, the 3 sisters stayed behind for another night at our home before they returned to Michigan and they cleaned my entire house from top to bottom so when we got home from our trip, it was to a sparkly clean house! I could get used to that..... Of course it wasnt expected of them and I still feel bad that I didnt do more but sure do appreciate everything they did for me while they were here!

Another fun thing I did was have lunch with my friend Kim and her new little baby girl.
She adopted her at birth and little Charlee is already 9 months old and I wanted to meet her! We met up at Sugarhouse park for some lunch and a little play time. It was so much fun and just look at the cheeks on this little girl. She was just as gorgeous in person as she is in all the pictures I have seen!
Finally, we went to Arizona for a couple of reasons. First, we had some business to take care of with the child support people....also, Carlotta wanted to see Alec since she missed his summer visit in June....and lastly, it was my 'Ries' family reunion. So, the trip was busy busy and it felt like we didnt have enough time to do it all. I did manage to get in a visit with my friend Julee too. She is such a great friend and I am so glad we have kept in touch over the years.... here we are with a silly self portrait in the car!!
I think we need to go back so we can spend more time visiting! I enjoyed seeing all my cousins and aunts and uncles and especially my Grandparents. I really wish we could have visited longer. Alec and Carlotta were troopers coming to my reunion....I appreciate their willingness to attend with us even though they didnt really know a lot of people. We took a lot of time on the trip down and stopped a lot to see the sights. It was fun to show my Mother in law things she has never seen before. We had a great trip.....now its back to reality! Here is a slide show of some of our trip pics.....enjoy!

5 comments:

Turleygirl said...

It was so good to see you all!! So cool that your whole family could come. Carlotta was a sweetheart and wow, what great houseguests!!! There never is enough time even when you stay longer.

Mary Kelly said...

WOW! I wish my mother-in-law and her sisters would come visit and clean my house! LOL! Seriously!!! I'd actually be happy just having the laundry done! Sounds like you had a great trip, got to know Denver's family even better, and enjoyed your family's reunion. By the way, did you get things straightened out with the child support? I hope so! Take care...gotta run, finally going to catch up my blog!

Love ya,
Mary Kelly

Alisha said...

Wow! You all have been busy, but at least it has been fun busy! The pictures are great!

pete/chris whipple said...

Such good pictures!!! Your friend who adopted that little doll looks just like her mother! Thanks for all your efforts to come, make wonderful salsa! I took the rest up to LoraLeigh (we went up for a couple of days,change of scenery for me and this leg issue)She loved the salsa!!! Pregnant girls love that sort of foods! Love you very much!

Wyatts said...

Vanessa,
I'm so glad you all made it down! It was fun to see you! And Yes my mom is right I have been eating all that yummy salsa up! Today it was my lunch again! Love fresh chips and salsa! It looks like you saw some nice sights along your way to and from home.