Thursday, March 12, 2009

If You Knew Ian.....

....then you would know that this picture did not need any explanation. Apparently the Chess Instructor felt that she should explain the picture for fear that someone might misinterpret what Ian was doing..... She posts pictures of Chess club each week on Picassa and has NEVER written personal comments about any of them but this week I saw that one of them had a comment and when I clicked on it, this is the picture that came up.....


Her comment read: ( "he is not really yelling at his partner, just pretending..." ) Thanks for clearing that up....as if Ian would ever actually yell at his partner LOL!!!!

Evan made me feel pretty important today and a little sad at the same time. His class went on a field trip to the zoo and he had asked me a couple of weeks ago if I would come and help by being a chaperone. Unfortunately I cant really do stuff like that very often because I have Addison and Soren at home with me and normally they dont allow the chaperones to bring siblings. Anyway, today when I picked him up from school I asked him if he had fun at the zoo and he looked a little sad and shook his head. I asked him what was wrong and he said "it wasnt fun because you werent there." Awwwww.....I feel badly that I couldnt go but am very appreciative that he missed me so much. Here is one of my favorite pictures of Evan. He was so excited to play baseball the first time. The shirt drowned him and his little ears poking out of his hat....love it. Evan is a mischief maker and sometimes Im not quite sure what to do with him but I sure love him! He has had to learn a couple of hard lessons this week....hopefully its the last time we will have to deal with that type of thing.

Ok I found these funny videos that I took at Scott and Stacys house the week we were in Kentucky for Don's funeral. They have a playstation with the game called "Singstar"...its hilarious to watch these kids sing. I think Ian thought he was live on "American Idol" or something...I was cracking up. Unfortunately I filmed it with my camera so it is sideways...sorry:

That took way too long to load...Im going to post the other one of Evan singing on Facebook so if you are my friend on Facebook you can check it out there. Evan's rockin version of Daniel Powters "had a bad day"....he took it very seriously too :) I love my boys.

Addie, Addie, Addie.....I could fill up 3 pages of stories about this little one. Lets just say that most of the time she is convinced that she is the only child that exists in my world. Or maybe its that she wishes she was. She is all over the place with her song and dance....and she loves to show off. Oh and she really hates wearing clothing. She strips down whenever she can...she even tried to remove her clothes on the airplane recently. She has decided that she is in charge of her cousin Soren. She lets me know when its time to feed him, change him, and she is especially vigilant when it comes time for him to take his nap. Sometimes she will announce that it is nap time for Soren within 5 minutes of him arriving in the morning. She has kindly taught Soren how to NOT share, and how to scream when things are taken from him. In spite of all of these "lessons"....she loves him and kisses him all day long. We enjoy having Soren at our house...he is so dang cute. Saying words left and right and when he gets excited he just blurts out all the words he knows in random order....cracks me up. Just be careful when he says "eye" because he will literally jab your eye out trying to show you!

Denver and I are both enjoying the fact that I havent had to go to work this past week. It is nice being home together and helping each other with dinner, homework, baths...etc. Normally the only night we have together is Thursday nights between my work and his school. I guess we will just enjoy it while it lasts because I have to find another job soon. We are excited to report that due to errors by others and not us for a change one of our debts is going to be reduced by almost $6000 ! How great is that! Its nice to have it work in our favor for a change..... Im sure there will be others that wont be so happy about it but, it is what it is..... Here is a picture of us that I found and I am posting against my better judgement.... Just ignore my triple chin...and the stain on my shirt.... I just love how we are so comfortable and happy, swinging on the porch swing in Kentucky last summer with our little girl.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Love the family update. You all have such a cute family! Enjoy the weekend!

pete/chris whipple said...

Ian can really sing! Get that boy in choir when it's time. I love your picture on the swing. Very nice post!

Turleygirl said...

I especially love the last picture. You genuinely look so happy. I can't believe how much you look like your mom in that picture.