Sunday, September 23, 2012

Summer Catch Up...

So....four months later.  I cannot believe how fast the time has gone and how long it has been since I sat down to update this blog.  There is no way I could possibly catch up on everything so I will just highlight the major stuff, throw in a few pics, and call it a day.

Graduated!!!! Yes it is true. May 4th, 2012, I finally finished my Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of Utah. Twenty years too late, but better late than never.  This will go down in history as the second greatest thing I have ever accomplished - first one being my children. It was awesome to participate in the ceremony and have my parents, brothers, and best friend in the world there to show their love and support. The most amazing day ever.  Now if I could just get a job that would be really great :)










Hawaii!!! This will go down in history as the best vacation ever.  Lot's of bests happening this year. I went to island of Kauai with my good friend Kellie. Kris usually joins us on these annual girls' trips but wasn't able to make it this year.  Seven days of the most beautiful place I have ever seen.  I could have stayed forever, but I had kiddos to come home to.  Seriously though, I have set a goal to return every year.  It was that good.








Employed!!! Ok, well this good news didn't last very long.  Four weeks to be exact. I fell into a great job as an Executive Assistant to the CEO. The pay was more than I had hoped for just graduating and the company philosophy seemed very cool with so much promise.  Sadly, they had to lay off the majority of their employees and that included me. I have just decided that it must mean there is a better job ready for me now and I just had to take this one to pass the time until the dream job was available. Seriously though, if you have any leads for editing/technical writing jobs I'd love to hear about them.

Welcome flowers from my boss.


That pretty much wraps up the major events of the past four months. I would post something noteworthy and/or poetic but Im not feeling it today. I chose to update the blog to avoid having to actually do anything. Laziest Sunday ever. Here are some additional pictures of stuff.



MAY:

Alec graduated from High School so we made a trip down to Arizona to show our love and support. He has really grown up and it was evident that he has softened his attitude toward us.  Its always nice when they can finally start forming their own opinions of the world.  The kids were ecstatic to see him again.

Was able to visit with my Grandma and Aunt Alice while in Arizona.  That was such a treat!
Me and Mr. Ian at Alec's Graduation

Made a side trip to the Grand Canyon on the way home since none of us had ever been there before.


More Grand Canyon fun.

Ian played the Tin Man in his school play this year.  He really loves the acting/singing thing and I really love watching him.

His awesome 5th grade teacher, Sandra Watkins, who organized the play and gave Ian so much love and support.

Addison with the Good Witch, Glenda aka Ruby :)

Taking their bows, enjoying the applause.

Addison graduated from Kindergarten this month.  Hard to believe I don't have anymore little babies anymore.  She was sooooo excited for this day.  She kept saying "Mom you are going to cry, right" Hahaha.
Addies Kinder teacher Ms. Barrett

Addison lost her big teeth this month too.

The kids participated all year in a theater group called Up with Kids and in May they performed the musical "Rapunzel."  Ian played the lead role of Flynn Rider, Evan had a big part as the King and Addison play both a Chameleon and a Fairy. It was so much fun and they all did a fantastic job.








June:


At Thanksgiving point scoping out future photo ops


July:

My Hawaiian Princess

Not much happening in July - just another summer :)
August:




First day of 6th grade 
First day of 5th grade

First day of 1st grade

First broken bone in the family...more on this later.

Well, that about wraps up the summer.  I'll write a new post for September events and happenings, which really just include more about Ian's arm.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I love the update!!!

Mel said...

congrats on your graduation, Vanessa! I'm so proud of you..I can't believe how your kids are growing up - so cute (so sad about Ian's arm...)